PUBLIC POLICY CORNER
- Letter from Auxiliary Bishop of Seattle Eusebio Elizondo, Chairman of the USCCB Committee on Migration, in opposition to S. 2146, the Stop Sanctuary Policies and Protect Americans Act of 2015.
- USCCB/MRS and CRS Letters to the U.S. Senate and House regarding The Girls Count Act of 2015, S 802 and HR 2100 respectively.
- USCCB/MRS Letter to the U.S. Senate regarding FY 2015 DHS Appropriations.
- USCCB/MRS Letter regarding FY 2015 DHS Appropriations Act.
- Joint USCCB-CLINIC Letter on Executive Action / En Español
- USCCB Letter to U.S. Representatives regarding H.R. 6429 (STEM visas).
- USCCB/MRS sign-on letter to H.R. 4970 (VAWA Reauthorization).
- Recommendations for the FY 2013 DHS Appropriations Bill.
- Letters to the President and Congress asking they reassert authority on immigration law.
- Faith leaders' immigration reform letter to the President.
- Support Expansion of the Executive Office for Immigration Review’s (EOIR). Legal Orientation Program (LOP).
- Testimony of
Most Reverend Mark J. Seitz,
Bishop of El Paso, Texas,
The Senate Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs On
Ongoing Migration from Central America: An Examination of FY 2015 Apprehensions - October 21, 2015
- Testimony of Most Reverend Gerald F. Kicanas,
Bishop of Tucson, Arizona, Before the House Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
Interior Immigration Enforcement Legislation - February 11, 2015
- Statement of Most Reverend Eusebio Elizondo,
Auxiliary Bishop of Seattle, Chairman, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Committee on Migration
before the Senate Judiciary Committee - December 10, 2014
Director of Children’s Services
Migration and Refugee Services
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Before the House Judiciary Subcommittee on
Immigration and Border Security
“The Impact on Local Communities of the Release of Unaccompanied Alien Minors and the Need for Consultation and Notification” - December 10, 2014
- Testimony of Most Reverend Mark Seitz, Bishop of the Diocese of El Paso, Texas and Member, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops On Unaccompanied Children Before The House Judiciary Committee - June 25, 2014
- USCCB Testimony on Undocumented Youth Submitted to the House Judiciary Committee - Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security - July 23, 2013
- Testimony of Most Reverend José H. Gomez, Archbishop of Los Angeles and Chairman, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Before the Senate Judiciary Committee On Comprehensive Immigration Reform - February 12, 2013
- USCCB testimony to the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Refugees and Border Security - April 24, 2012
- Testimony of Most Reverend José H. Gomez, Coadjutor Archbishop of Los Angeles and Chair, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Committee on Migration on The National Employer Electronic Verification System (E-VERIFY) Before The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement - February 10, 2011
November/December 2012 May 2012